by Stefano Rizzo
You can find us at 32 Cluain Droichead, Sixmilebridge , Co. Clare. Tel. 087-2297449
Improve your web presence!
Having a school website means being visible to the whole world. Parents can see if there is a school in the area they are considering moving to, or they might need information about the school, like what activities are available, or what type of extra support your school can offer.
Please see below examples of what your new school website could look like:
Ballinahinch National School in Ballinahinch, Co. Tipperary
Killaloe Boys National School in Killaloe, Co. Clare
Kiltiernan National School in Kiltiernan, Kilcolgan, Co. Galway
Renmore School – Scoil Chaitriona Senior, Renmore, Galway
Renmore School – Scoil Chaitriona Junior, Renmore, Galway
Rosedale Special School ,in Renmore, Galway
Gortanumera National School, In Ballyshrule, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway
Tubber National School, in Tubber, Co. Clare
Gort National School, in Gort, Co. Galway
Bridgetown National School, in Bridgetown, Co. Clare
Parteen National School, in Parteen, Co. Clare
( Websites are best viewed within modern browsers such as Internet Explorer 10 or newer, Google Chrome v.40 or newer or Mozilla Firefox v.35 or newer)
How much does it cost:
- The whole package, including consultation, website creation, three months free tech support and aftercare maintenance training is only 750€ + VAT
- In addition to that you would have to add the yearly cost of registering a domain name and renting web space, if you are not already doing that.
- Some websites can make use of Premium themes whereby a once off fee is payable to the creator of the theme. Other themes are completely free. Which one will be used will be discussed at the initial meeting.
- A domain name registration – i.e. www. yourschoolname.ie – and 10Gb of webspace would be around 49€ + VAT upwards.
- North Star Computers would deliver the school website to your specifications, train relevant staff\parents to the use of the website and explain how to upload new content, new images slideshows or videos.
- In addition to that, there would be three months of free technical support. Updating existing or creating new content is very easy, and every page can be safely previewed before it is committed to the website.
- Errors, if any, can be very easily corrected.
How it works:
After an initial consultation we will agree to create a modern looking school website that is easy to navigate and very simple to use. Based on a Content Management System*, you will have full control over your site at all times and you will be able to update it from home, from the school, from your smartphone or from anywhere else in the world!
What you get:
- A home page for your school website which shows current information and reflects the values of your school.
- A page outlining the history of your school and all of your achievements.
- A gallery showcasing student projects and outings.
- A notice board that allows you to keep parents and the community up to speed with all school matters .
- Individual class pages that can be managed by the class teacher and pupils of your school.
- A sports page to highlight your success on the playing field and show parents the range of outdoor activities.
- A downloads page that parents can use to get information on school policy and perhaps your newsletter.
- Anything else you might require, on the day of the consultation or within the three months of free support.
All of the above can obviously be changed to reflect the current needs of the school at the time. In addition to that, there would be full control over the looks of the school website: you can have different colors, backgrounds, fonts, images or video for any page on the site.
When completed, your site will help parents and the community to get all the information that they need about your school, reducing your administration costs while saving you time and energy. Parents from outside the area who have recently moved in or are planning on moving nearby and looking for a school would be able to find the school from a Google search.
*A Content Management System, in relation to website building, is a web application which allows you to create and manage all the information that appears on your school website. It allows users with no knowledge of computer code or web site maintenance to manage their site on a day to day basis keeping all the content up to date and relevant without the costs of paying an external party. The one used for your website is called WordPress.
Content Management Systems can normally be accessed from anywhere in the world and any updates that you make will appear on your website at the click of a button.
Once you log into your Content Management System, all content is separated from the visual presentation of a site. This makes it much easier and quicker to edit. It’s quite like using Microsoft Office applications!
* For areas other than those listed above please contact us to discuss details and requirements.